About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two New Songs from the Black Keys

Alongside Broken Social Scene and Arcade Fire, the Black Keys are the band I'm most looking forward to seeing this summer at Oxegen. The magnificent old-school blues stylings from Messrs Auerbach and Carney have always appealed to me and as I get older I seem to love them more and more. New album Brothers is due in Ireland on May 14th (i think... It's the 18th in the US so we might get it on the 21st if not the 14th anyway) and will be preceded by the single Tighten Up.

This track was made available, along with another - Next Girl, to all who registered and bought presale tickets for the American tour the duo are embarking on soon. Luckily for the rest of us, they managed to find their way over here too. Very good stuff indeed!

Listen to Next Girl here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPZFk_yiFM and when you're finished with that, check out Tighten Up at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXwicxlsvI&feature=fvst

By the way - I've just noticed this is my 100th post. Hard to believe that I've managed a century already. I've had fun anyway and I hope you have too!

No comments:

Post a Comment