About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Monday, March 1, 2010

First Day Of Spring

I can't help but notice that every time I turn on the tv or radio today I am hearing that today, March 1st, is the first day of spring... Here was me thinking that spring started on February 1st? When did this change?

Anyways, while I do enjoy the winter, I cant help but love the beginning of spring. As cheesy as it sounds it does feel like a new beginning I think. Here's a few videos that equate to this oh so corny sentiment...



This one comes from the album entitled "The First Days of Spring" which marked a stunning departure for a band known for pop tunes consisting of banjos and whistling. This showcases their folk undertones, though has the suggestion that better times are approaching, rather than the title track which, for me at least, finds itself submerged in wintry dead-end attitudes.



This stunning track has all the requirements of a stadium filling classic, though it retains a gorgeous indie rock undertone throughout. Intimate and glorious, this live version features David Bowie on guest vocals and is all the better for it.



This medley by Seattle's finest was performed on "Under the Basement" and was one of the series highlights. Fleet Foxes' sublime debut evokes a stunning array of visuals, this medley continues this. I always felt that it had a spring element to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment