About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dirty Projectors for Oxegen?

I've been waiting quite a while for this story really. Dirty Projectors were announced as one of the first acts for T in the Park, though not for Oxegen for some reason. Having seen the gaps filled in lately (Broken Social Scene have finally confirmed for TITP for example), I searched for DP at Oxegen news and found a story on entertainment.ie from last Monday (the 15th).

There is no source cited in the article, so entertainment.ie may just be making assumptions based on the other announcements for the two festivals, though I would be surprised (and disappointed!) if Dirty Projectors just played in Scotland. Bitte Orca was my album of the year last year and I am eager to catch these guys live!

For some reason Dirty Projectors official site wouldn't work in my browser so I couldn't establish if there was any fact to this story but fingers crossed... It's looking good anyway.

Oh and meanwhile, on Friday nme.com broke the story regarding the Dead Weather's new album including revised release dates and a title. That's 2 days after I saw it on Swear I'm Not Paul, and some of the details were floating around DW and Jack White related forums before this also... Just how slow is the nme?

No comments:

Post a Comment