About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Jack White Teams Up With.....


Jay-Z.

That's right. Following in the footsteps of the likes of Chris Martin and eh... Linkin Park (Oh Lord this does NOT bode well...), Jack White has confirmed that he has recorded a song with Jay-Z.

I have the utmost respect for Jay-Z as a businessman, and I respect what he does as a musician (given the rumours that he is likely to clash with Muse at Oxegen it is very likely I may go to see him!) though I can't help being a tad apprehensive about this.

Jack was quoted in GQ magazine as saying that "We did a song together a few weeks ago. It was incredible. I played him something that I've been kicking around for a while and he immediately came out with words for it. It's unbelievable-sounding."

So here's hoping it goes a little better than Jack's collaboration with Alicia Keys...

No details on the release of the song have been announced yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment