About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Music: Tanlines

This is the first of several bands who hit big at SXSW who I'm going to discuss in the "new music" articles that I'm writing more and more. Unfortunately I didn't make it to Austin, TX myself, though having read a number of blog entries all over the web about the event and then checking out dozens of the acts who impressed I have stumbled upon a few who have really impressed me, these guys are the first.

They come from Brooklyn and have a pretty similar vibe to fellow Brooklynites Yeasayer. Afro-pop rhythms floating through a pretty experimental indie track, while the vocal doesn't sound overly dissimilar to TV on the Radio in parts. The track that I have been totally hooked on is Real Life though everything I've heard from the Settings EP seems to be of the same infectious standard.

Highly recommended!

Check out Real Life here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtijpfnJzMo

http://www.myspace.com/tanlinestheband

No comments:

Post a Comment