About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Electric Picnic: Omar Souleyman Added To The Bill

According to Jim Carroll over at On The Record, Omar Souleyman has been added to the bill for Electric Picnic 2010. He is set to top the bill for the Body & Soul Stage.

Last night the Picnic forum was alive and buzzing with rumours that a final big announcement would be coming today, while Jim himself said that "more names are to come".

With a fantastic bill already consisting of the likes of Massive Attack, the National, the Frames, Mumford & Sons and many, many more, the Picnic is shaping up to be an absolutely stunning weekend. I for one can't wait and, as a result, I am going to begin posting my "Reasons You Can't Miss The Picnic" series today - it is only two and a half weeks away!

Check back later today when I begin my countdown. Full details will be disclosed in the first post. With any luck I'll also be able to confirm any number of rumoured acts have been added to the bill too.

Picnic: T-minus 16 days and counting... It's safe to say this blog will be overrun with Picnic associations for the next few weeks, though they may become rather irregular around September the 1st as I'm moving out that day...

No comments:

Post a Comment