About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Live Review: Oxegen 2010

Yes I realise that the events in Punchestown are still unfolding but after days of torrential rain, a flooded tent, sleeping back and rucksack and worse mud than I have ever seen in my entire life I am back in my own home. I got to sleep in my own bed and shower too last night. Granted I am missing the fantastic Broken Social Scene as well as Bell X1 and the Middle East, though the Sunday was exceptionally poor (line-up wise) this time so I have no regrets.

Over the next day or two I'll be posting live reviews of all the acts i caught over the weekend so if any of the list (which will be at the end of this post) interests you please check back. Saw some great performances, some very memorable ones and the odd pretty dodgy one but sure that's par for the course of a music festival! The weather didn't exactly help mind you...

I saw:

FRIDAY:
James Vincent McMorrow
The Black Keys
Vampire Weekend
The Coral (Partly)
O Emperor (Partly)
Jay-Z
Arcade Fire

SATURDAY:
Wallis Bird
Cathy Davey
Ellie Goulding (Partly)
Florence & The Machine
Wild Beats (Partly)
Dirty Projectors (Partly)
Yeasayer
Hot Chip
Muse (Partly)
Calvin Harris (Partly)

As I said, check back for reviews of the majority. I also caught snippets of Biffy Clyro, Two Door Cinema Club, the Stranglers and a handful of others but not enough to constitute a full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment