About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Drake Cancels Oxegen Appearance

Rapper Drake has been forced to pull his entire European tour, including a scheduled slot at Oxegen in just over a week due to a family emergency.

He had this to say:
"Despite my best hopes, it is apparent that my mother will need surgery earlier than anticipated. In light of this news, I have made the difficult decision to cancel my European tour in order to support her during her recovery, just as she supported me through the years. I cannot thank my European fans enough and look forward to performing abroad soon. I ask everyone to please respect my family's privacy during this time."

The full list of cancelled dates is below:

Hove Festival (July 2)
Roskilde Festival (3)
London Wireless Festival (4)
Paris La Cigale (5)
Amsterdam Paradiso (7)
Les Ardentes Festival (8)
Oxegen Festival (9)
T In The Park (10)
London O2 Shepherds Bush Empire (12, 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment