About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Track(s) of the Week: Gorillaz

I know this post hasn't exactly been a regular, but I've found considerably less time to blog about my favourite songs in recent weeks as a result of my exams. But I've only one left and am a little beyond caring so let's get back to it...

This weeks track of the week is actually going to two Gorillaz songs that have completely blown me away: On Melancholy Hill and To Binge.

The former is a gorgeous sombre track that allows Albarn to display the sheer magnitude of his talents: his songwriting and vocals have always been highly praised, but this may be the highest peak that he has ever reached.

As for the latter, it is another sombre moment on the new album. This one features Swedish act Little Dragon - one of two tracks on the record that does. Another beautiful track, the swapping between Albarn's and Nagano's vocals is fantastic as is the refrain of "I just have to tell you that I love you so much these days..."

Gorgeous. These two tracks are among the best I've heard this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment