About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Music: Port O'Brien

Yet again these guys aren't exactly new [about to release their third album I believe] but I have literally discovered and fallen in love in the last hour so... Classed as "new to me" at least!

The American band have toured in the past with Bright Eyes, Modest Mouse, The Cave Singers and Nada Surf, and have been described as "my favourite new band" by M. Ward. Fantastic alternative rock.

Their newest track, Woke Up Today, has a real Arcade Fire feel to it. It came from the album Threadbare, which was released last year. Check it out below. Fantastic stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment