- Tonight: The Brian Jonestown Massacre @ The Academy, Dublin. These guys are great - especially live. Anyone who has seen the magnificent Dig!!! can vouch for that.
- Tonight: Villagers @ Cyprus Avenue, Cork. Despite being a little underwhelmed by the debut album by these guys, their live shows are still fantastic. The songs really come to life and you can catch a few from the early EPs that didn't make the final cut.
- Tonight: Wolf Parade @ Vicar Street, Dublin. With new album Expo 86 on the way, Wolf Parade are back on the top of their game. This is a great opportunity to hear sneak previews of the album before it hits stores next month.
- Tonight: Mick Flannery & John Spillane @ Cyprus Avenue, Cork. These two are always great live - this is a fantastic bill!
- Friday: Ganglians @ Upstairs at Whelan's, Dublin. A very hotly tipped act from this year's SXSW - wanna be able to say "I knew them before they were famous"?
- Monday: The Antlers @ The Academy, Dublin. This was one of my "Hottest Tickets of the Summer" The Antlers are an incredible act and this is not a show to be missed lightly.
Pick of the Week: The Antlers without a doubt. One of the gigs of the year I'd bet.