- Tonight: Rod Stewart @ The O2 Dublin. The man is an institution. If he floats your boat there's only one place you should be tonight!
- Thursday 13th: Mark Geary in Whelan's, Dublin.
- Thursday 13th: The Books in the Button Factory, Dublin. My knowledge of these guys is pretty limited, but everything I've heard is fantastic. New album on the way soon so expect a preview of that.
- Friday 14th: Cathy Davey @ the Olympia, Dublin. Currently sitting atop the midweek album charts, Ms. Davey is on the top of her game. New album The Nameless is a strong contender for "Irish Album of the Year" and is going to put her on the map. [Well... A more broad map than she's currently on at least!]
- Friday 14th: Kele @ Dolan's Warehouse, Cork. The Bloc Party frontman has gotten rave reviews for his experimental, dance infused solo debut. Catch him in Cork the following night too, Cyprus Avenue the venue, as well as Dublin's Academy on Sunday.
- Saturday 15th: Ham Sandwich @ Whelan's, Dublin. The fantastic Irish act play Dublin. Always entertaining in a live setting.
- Sunday 16th: Jace Everett @ Whelan's, Dublin. Who? Well... Any fans of HBO's True Blood series will know him as the man who performs the music for the simply stunning opening credits. Infusing blues and country, Everett is pretty entertaining I must say. You could do worse things on a Sunday night.
- Tuesday 18th: Pendulum @ the Olympia, Dublin. These guys charted in my "50 Hottest Gigs of the Summer" Not the best artists on the go, but their live shows are jaw dropping. Energetic, loud... What more could you want.
Pick of the Week? Pendulum. Or Cathy Davey. Now there's some polarizing figures...