- Thursday May 7th: O Emperor in Whelan's, Dublin. Ireland's hottest new band continue their rise with a headline show in Whelan's. I'd recommend this highly!
- Thursday May 7th: Flight of the Conchords @ the Olympia, Dublin. I love these guys - New Zealand's finest!
- Friday May 7th: Divine Comedy (Solo) @ The Sugar Club, Dublin. Neil Hannon has always been one of the most entertaining faces on the Irish music scene. Catch him doing his thing in the Sugar Club.
- Friday May 7th: Ray Davies & Band @ the INEC, Killarney. The legend that is (Part 1...)
- Friday May 7th: Randy Newman @ the Grand Canal Theatre, Dublin. The legend that is (Part 2...)
- Saturday May 8th: Ted Leo & The Pharmacists @ Whelan's, Dublin. I'm pretty new to these guys but their latest record The Brutalist Bricks got some pretty solid reviews all round!
- Monday May 10th: Dinosaur, Jr. @ Black Box, Galway. Hugely influential alternative rock band come to the West of Ireland!
- Tuesday 11th: CocoRosie @ The Button Factory, Dublin. Hotly tipped new act... These guys were one of my "ones to watch" for this year and there song Lemonade is one of the most original and best songs of the year so far.
Wow. Not the best selection this week. Metallica are playing in Belfast and Rod Stewart rocks the O2 if that's your thing too. CocoRosie'd be the one I'd recommend!
Anyway as I said - check back later for part 2 of the Hottest Tickets of the Summer and happy gigging!