About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Carlos Dengler Leaves Interpol

Yeah I know this news is a day old but I still wanted to post.

Ever since I heard Slow Hands back in 2004. I had missed the release of their debut (simply too young to notice!) but instantly fell in love!

Their dark and gloomy post-punk dominated my stereo for weeks on end. I kept expanding my horizons and gradually lost touch with Interpol.

However, my love was reborn at Oxegen 2008 when Carlos D. and co. tore up the stage before the Kings of Leon appeared. Album number three, Our Love To Admire and the debut Turn on the Bright Lights just increased my love for the band more and more - simply stunning.

Carlos was really at the centre of the cool factor that Interpol had - stylish to say the least! Part Colombian, part German and a self-confessed hedonist: the moustachioed enigma is a real character and be sorely missed.

Hey - how could he not be? Something of an indie style icon, Carlos can often be seen wearing an empty gun holster. He has never fully explained why, except to say that it looks "bad-ass".

Carlos played on Interpol's fourth album but will not tour in support of it. The split was an amicable one - let's just hope Interpol don't suffer as a result of it. They were always the best of the post-punk doom rock bands: think White Lies, Editors and the rest... Interpol just always had the cool factor.

Well, Carlos did anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment