About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Acts Confirmed For Oxegen!

Last night saw the addition of thirteen new acts to the Oxegen 2010 bill (though they cheated a little...)

BELL X1 / DOVES / EDITORS / SCOUTING FOR GIRLS / OCEAN COLOUR SCENE / KATE NASH / ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN / THE COURTEENERS / JOSHUA RADIN / AIRBOURNE / THE CORONAS / REPUBLIC OF LOOSE / THE MIDDLE EAST

Bell X1 had confirmed themselves on Sunday, while the Coronas and Kate Nash had both been confirmed earlier in the day. Also Scouting For Girls announced themselves when they performed on the Late Late Show a few weeks ago, so really it's just 9 new acts. And the Middle East had confirmed themselves weeks ago via their MySpace but many people still didn't take any notice!

As for my thoughts? Bell X1 sounds good - I won't be missing any my favoured acts for them, though I do like their sound and it's nice to see a big Irish act playing. Same goes for Republic of Loose, less so for the Coronas. Having seen them live twice (once at Oxegen, once in Cyprus Avenue) I think I've had my fill of them. Ocean Colour Scene and the irreperably bland Ms. Nash will be filed under the bracket "avoid at all costs", while Airbourne seem to be an extension of Wolfmother (dodgy Australian rock music...). Echo & the Bunnymen could be interesting, as would Doves. And Editors, despite being a bit meh, are a great live band - one of my highlights of Oxegen '08 so maybe... The Courteeners aren't exactly my thing, and Joshua Radin is a new name to me, though a little research shows he has had quite a bit of music in the tv show 'Scrubs' so could be good (or awful...)

Of all of them, the Middle East are the best to be confirmed I think. And their live shows are meant to be stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment