About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Essential Gigs For The Next 7 Days


I intend for this post to be the first in a regular series of gig forecasts. I will take a look at what I consider to be the essential gigs around the country over the course of the next 7 days, in this case Wednesday 7th April - Tuesday 13th.



  • Wed 7th: Kate Nash @ The Academy, Dublin. [Nash brings her new sound to Ireland for the first time. Don't expect to hear her biggest hit Foundations, however as it has been notably absent in her gigs so far on this tour]

  • Wed 7th: Adrian Crowley @ Whelans, Dublin. [Choice Music Prize winner Crowley plays his last Irish date between now and May. Support comes from At Last An Atlas and DM Smith - not to be missed!]

  • Thurs 8th: David Kitt @ Cyprus Avenue, Cork. [Kitt plays a series of dates around Ireland in the next few weeks. This week alone he can also be caught in Cashel and Cavan. These are his first series of dates since playing with Tindersticks on their most recent album and tour. Always worth a look in the live arena.]

  • Fri 9th: Mick Flannery @ Dolans Warehouse, Limerick. [Irish troubadour Mick Flannery continues to grow in popularity with his current tour. He also plays his home town of Blarney the following night, before coming to my home town of Cobh next week!]

  • Fri 9th: O Emperor @ Upstairs in Dolans, Limerick. [These guys are adding to their ever growing reputation in Ireland. I've discussed them on this blog before so I don't need to get back into that but it's safe to say that their live reputation precedes them!]

  • Sat 10th: Laura Marling @ The Academy, Dublin. [Her second album, I Speak Because I Can, has wowed critics, myself included, so expect this to be a stunning show. She's on my not-to-be-missed list for Oxegen this summer and this is the perfect opportunity to get a sneak preview.]

There you have it. My essentials for the next week. Or if Jedward and One Republic float your boat they can be caught all over the country too.


If I was to narrow it down to one, it'd be Adrian Crowley. Blown away by his album to say the least and I'm eager to see him in a live setting to see if it transfers over.


Anyway if you make it to any of them then enjoy and let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment