About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Arcade Fire Confirmed For Oxegen 2010



What a great way to start the week. I was starting to get rather cold on the idea of Oxegen this summer - the cons of the line-up (think Eminem, the Black Eyed Peas and the very likely addition of 30 Seconds To Mars) were certainly outweighing the pros (Broken Social Scene, Hot Chip), though this morning I awoke to the glorious news that two new acts have been announced: Fat Boy Slim and, something I am FAR more excited about, Arcade Fire!

I have been a massive Arcade Fire fan since Funeral was released - the album sat atop my top top 100 releases for the last decade, and would be extremely close to, if not at, the pinnacle of an all time list.

This announcement has all but confirmed my attendance at Punchestown this summer. Hopefully we'll be offered a few more treats across the course of the day to sweeten the deal (I'm thinking any of the National, Pavement, the Black Keys, LCD Soundsystem and a few more would be nice, and possible given current release dates and touring patterns)

Presale tickets for Oxegen 2010 went on sale this morning to all registered users, while tickets are on general release this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment