About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Friday, March 12, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different...



I realise that I tend to be quite serious on this blog, though that is just my nature when I come to talking about music. Anyway I have decided to finish this week on a lighter note by posting the video to the new She & Him song, "In the Sun".

To those not in the know, She & Him is a collaboration between Zooey Deschanel (of [500] Days of Summer fame) and M. Ward (part-time Monster of Folk) and this track comes from the upcoming release, Volume Two. The song, and video actually, reminds me quite a bit of 1,2,3,4 by Feist - in a light-hearted and enjoyable pop-folk track way, and it gives me an opportunity to stare lovingly at the gorgeous Zooey so...

She also does a rather good cover of the Smiths classic, Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want so check it out if you get a chance!

Anyway I'm off to spend the weekend enjoying the new White Stripes release - a CD and DVD double pack of their live tour of Canada in 2007. Expect a review some time next week.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment