About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MGMT Release Album Details

Continuing with the trend of information on new albums, MGMT have released the details of their new record. We've been fed tit-bits all along from these guys and have been promised no singles and, by the sounds of it, a pretty crazy psychedelic surfer record. I must say I cant wait! I enjoyed the debut, more so for the songs that weren't released. Now I'm not gonna claim that I hate "Kids" or "Time To Pretend" because they were popular, I did like them a lot! I just preferred the likes of "Of Moons, Birds and Monsters" and "The Youth". An energy packed, half-hour set was my highlight of the 2008 Oxegen festival. The riff to "Kids" echoed around the campsite for hours after, people not willing to let this magic go! [The set was unfortunately cut short when a woman climbed to the top of tent via the support stacks and refused to come down... Cue: The rather angry fans pelting her with glasses and plastic bottles...]

Anyway back to the news in hand! The album, called "Congratulations" will hit stores on April 13th, and the track listing is as follows:
01 It's Working
02 Song for Dan Treacy
03 Someone's Missing
04 Flash Delirium
05 I Found a Whistle
06 Siberian Breaks
07 Brian Eno
08 Lady Dada's Nightmare
09 Congratulations

I have a funny feeling that their guest slot on the last Flaming Lips record has influenced this album quite a bit. It may just be "Embryonic, Mk.2". Though as I've yet to hear a single song off it, this may be a little unfair!

Roll on April so I can make my mind up!!

Try to navigate the rather eccentric MGMT website for more info. Or just for the experience of it...
http://www.whoismgmt.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment