About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A few of my favourite things

Just a quick post today! Can't seem to find my laptop charger and the battery is rapidly approaching single digit percentages...

I've spent the last few days obsessing over a number of people I hope to discuss in the coming few days but I'd urge you to check them out given the chance.

Finally got my hands on "Season of the Sparks" by Adrian Crowley and it is a stunning work. Think an Irish Tom Waits or the ballady side of Nick Cave. Really impressed. "The Wishing Seat" is the highlight for me so far.

Also got into Patrick Kelleher. His debut "You Look Cold" is incredible. A lo-fi, subtle work it is unlike anything I've heard come out of this country before.

Continuing with my Irish theme I've spent hours oozing over At Last An Atlas too. Blown away.

And last, but not least, I feel that a mention is worthy for what I feel is going to be the highlights of my summer. Broken Social Scene play Oxegen this summer and I've spent the last three days rediscovering my love for these guys. Check out anything off the "You Forget It In People" album, or the new single. New album in May. I'm excited.

Aaaand this is actually my last note. Check out "Slush" off the new Hot Chip record. That and "Thieves in the Night" are the two best tracks over a consistently brilliant work. Can't wait to see these guys too!

No comments:

Post a Comment