About Me

My photo
Cork, Ireland
An Irish based alternative music blog. Music news, gigs, live reviews, album reviews... You'll find them here. If you want anything featured or removed, please shout. I hope you'll discover something new to love on this little experiment of mine. Currently editing the Music Section of the UCC Express and contributing to Motley magazine on campus, as well as writing for PopCultureMonster and 4FortyFour. Always looking for new projects so please get in touch if interested. Thanks for reading.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Damn I feel stupid now...

Serves me right for taking such a staunch anti-Oxegen stance doesn't it?

The first acts have been confirmed for Oxegen 2010, and it's fair to say that the organisers have pulled out all the stops for this years event. So far we have...

EMINEM, MUSE, JAY-Z, BLACK EYED PEAS, KASABIAN, THE PRODIGY, FLORENCE+THE MACHINE, PAOLO NUTINI, FAITHLESS, STEREOPHONICS, DAVID GUETTA, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, MUMFORD & SONS, JOHN MAYER, HOT CHIP, CALVIN HARRIS, NEWTON FAULKNER, GOSSIP, THE TEMPER TRAP, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, GOLDFRAPP, LA ROUX, WOLFMOTHER, RISE AGAINST, THE CORAL, BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE, ELLIE GOULDING, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, ARMAND VAN HELDEN, STEVE ANGELLO, SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, EROL ALKAN, STEVE AOKI, A-TRAK, AEROPLANE.

And the promise of many, many more!

I have to ask where the big indie headliners are (following the vein of Kings of Leon and Killers in previous years), as it seems as though Vampire Weekend are the biggest on offer. Broken Social Scene is an unmissable show already I can tell you that much, as are the likes of Hot Chip, The Coral and the Prodigy, while I can certainly see the widespread festival appeal of Eminem, Jay-Z and Muse (like I said they aren't my cup of tea, but they certainly are in their element in the live arena!)... Kasabian, as expected, will perform and I can imagine that a few of the T in the Park acts that haven't been confirmed for Oxegen (I'm thinking Biffy Clyro) will be confirmed in the upcoming weeks.

Kudos Oxegen. Even if it was just done to make me look stupid!

I may yet find myself in Punchestown in the middle of July. Let's see what the Picnic have to offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment